New Guy with a Failed Attempt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome

I don't know why they call it a "plateau" instead of the "panic zone" or more like the "Brick Wall"

I don't really know the science behind it but the tradition of the art is to wait. If you are fearing a dry out and are not trying to get every last molecule of smoke to the meat, then foil at about 150 or so with some of your mop and continue to wait. There is no cheating unless you are in some sort of competition and even then I would give up the competition for the sake of a better meal, so finishing up in the comfort of you house over is no sin, but do still keep it low and slow 220 ish. And even then the meat needs to rest afterwards as long as you can stand it without even taking a slice to sample or inspect.

This is pure torture! Long and slow!

No need to panic just take the guide of 1.5 hours per pound and add three hours. Put plenty of fattys on the smoker so you won't starve to death smelling that brisket smoke and all is good with the world!
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

When you slice brisket slice it really thin. I prefer to even take my sliced briskets up to about 190 degrees wrap em, in towels and chill over night. Then cold I slice them really thin almost like deli roast beef lunch meat. Sprinkle a little bit of rub, then I make a tight tin foil packet slatherd with the all the jellied drippings and put them in the oven at about 200 degrees. Melts in your mouth!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky