New guy in Tampa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

djpaul76

Original poster
Jul 21, 2014
Hello to everyone.  I am new to the forum.  I have been smoking and grilling as a hobby for years.  I recently bought the Kamodo Akorn.  I love the style and cost.  My neighboor has the BGE and spent about three times what I spent (at least).  I tried smoking a brisket this this weekend and did have trouble keeping the temp around 200 to 225.  It kept wanting to shoot up to 300 plus so then I would close the vents again and then it would want to snuff out.  It didnt come out too bad.  The meet was soft and not chewy.  The only thing was it seemed like the meat was dry.  I did use a diffuser stone with a water pan which I fil

I have read all of the posts about the mods that everyone says you should make to make the unit more air tight which I plan on doing.  I am also thinking about the IQ110 BBQ Temperature Regulator Kit with Small Adjustable Kamado Pit Adapter.. Has anyone used one of these?

Anyway I am happy to be hear and cant wait to get everyones advice and share my experiences.

Dman

Hello Dman, welcome to the forum, practice some with less expensive meats and shorter cook times till you have her figured out

Gary S

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky