New guy here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dmg5h

Original poster
Dec 17, 2016
Hi guys

Although I am new as a member here I have been creeping on a lot of post for several different forums, including a lot from this one. I am a 23 year old from Southwest Virginia.I got into smoking while I was in high school and fell in love with it ever since. I started off on a cheap Wal-Mart offset that eventually rusted in half with the thin fire box metal. I cooked several horrible things on that smoker. Never got it to hold heat well or I always got it too hot and never got any stabilization. I almost gave up on cooking until I read several post about how horrid those smokers actually are to use. Since then I have built myself a horizontal reverse flow offset. I have cooked some quality food on this thing. What brings me to this forum is the fact that I am slowly starting to get materials and make plans to make a new cooker and several guys on this site have built one. So hopefully some of y'all can help me out. Plans are to build a gravity fed charcoal cooker. Those cookers seem to be real impressive and ease of use. I love my reverse flow and trust me I will still be using it, but I did find some weaknesses in my design for it.I should of insulated at least the firebox, but we all learn lessons. Cooks great until the horrid winds start on top of my mountain.

Hopefully you guys can give some advice...I'll be posting questions...maybe too many.

A lot of y'all have some great looking smokers.

Thanks

Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky