New guy from North Georgia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JAK3

Original poster
Aug 13, 2022
N. GA Mtns
New guy checking in from the North Georgia Mountains. Found this forum from a link someone posted on another forum. Been lurking for a while and finally decided to join.

I enjoy grilling, smoking, sous vide and cast iron cooking. I currently have a Camp Chef XXL vertical smoker, Char Griller Classic charcoal grill, MHP WNK 4 gas grill, ANOVA AN500 sous vide circulator and too many cast iron pans, griddles, etc to name off.

Fairly new to pellet smoking but I'm enjoying it so far. I used to have an Oklahoma Joe Longhorn offset smoker but we had a tree fall in a storm and it crushed it. I'll eventually get another one, but with four kids and working 70+ hours per week I found myself using the offset smoker less often than I've been using the pellet smoker. It's nice to just "set it and forget it" so to speak.

Anyways, I look forward to learning some new things and interacting with y'all. Seems to be a great group of folks here from what I can tell.

Welcome to the forum from Minnesota! Sounds like your well into the smoking hobby! Enjoy your time here.

Reactions: JAK3
Thanks y'all.

Just threw 2 pork butts in the smoker. Rubbed them in Meat Church Gospel rub and rested in the fridge for an hour before I threw them in. Gonna do an overnight smoke at 225°. Not gonna wrap them or spritz them at all. I left the fat cap on and am smoking them fat side down. Gonna feed the fam tomorrow and the guys at work on Monday. I made one the same way a few weeks ago and planned on bringing some to work but the family wouldn't let me take the rest in, lol.

20220813_200104.jpg

New guy checking in from the North Georgia Mountains. Found this forum from a link someone posted on another forum. Been lurking for a while and finally decided to join.

I enjoy grilling, smoking, sous vide and cast iron cooking. I currently have a Camp Chef XXL vertical smoker, Char Griller Classic charcoal grill, MHP WNK 4 gas grill, ANOVA AN500 sous vide circulator and too many cast iron pans, griddles, etc to name off.

Fairly new to pellet smoking but I'm enjoying it so far. I used to have an Oklahoma Joe Longhorn offset smoker but we had a tree fall in a storm and it crushed it. I'll eventually get another one, but with four kids and working 70+ hours per week I found myself using the offset smoker less often than I've been using the pellet smoker. It's nice to just "set it and forget it" so to speak.

Anyways, I look forward to learning some new things and interacting with y'all. Seems to be a great group of folks here from what I can tell.
Hello Jak3, I just joined and am from N.W.GA Poppo

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky