New guy from Hawaii

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aloha Nui'
Fellow BBQer and Smoker from Arizona here!
I heard Koa smokes and tastes just like mesquite wood.?
My Great Great Grandfather was the very first Native Hawaiian to get permission from the King and become a US citizen in 1873. My grandmother's have told me he used to grill nearly everyday.
Hope you can learn some new stuff on this forum. I know I have. Great to see you join.
Mahalo
Aloha, Never tried Koa wood but Ill give it a go!

Welcome aboard.

What is your experiences in using guava for flavor smoking wood? A guy named "Guava Greg" Kemp posted on the early Ceramic grill forums and sold guava in Postal flat rate boxes. I often ordered gift boxes for friends around Christmas.
Ive used green Guava and Kiawe to smoke pork and venison. I havent used it in a while but if I remember correctly, it took the edge off of the Kiawe.(Mesquite)

Aloha, I'm a fellow native Hawaiian here, now living in Florida and Arizona 1/2-1/2.
P.S. I once smoked a Chicken using Koa and it was just like mesquite, delicious.

Reactions: 808
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky