New build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

davidhef88

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 24, 2011
Rochester, NY
Hope everyone is having a great thanksgiving. Today I would like to unveil a little project I started in the spring and had to put off for a few months. We put in a new patio (1500 sq ft) with a gazebo and monstrous outdoor fireplace. Needless to say I just didn’t have time to finish this project. A month ago I tossed my old master forge propane smoker that I was limping along and was actually becoming on the verge of dangerous. I figured if I tossed it it would force me to finish this for thanksgiving. I tested and seasoned it a few times this week to get an idea of how it would work. I decided that I learned enough about it to make today’s bird the maiden voyage. I will post more pics and information in a separate thread when I have some time and link it here.
Introducing the Davidhef88 model COVID-19.
C4A73A72-79C6-4A45-97AA-36AC78D674B4.jpeg

Good deal... I've seen it happen before where the flame went out and just kept pumping raw gas into the smoker... essentially make'n it a bomb if it were to get some ignition source ...

Reactions: davidhef88
Good deal... I've seen it happen before where the flame went out and just kept pumping raw gas into the smoker... essentially make'n it a bomb if it were to get some ignition source ...
I work for a propane company. It costs me nothing to run this. Lol.

Hope everyone is having a great thanksgiving. Today I would like to unveil a little project I started in the spring and had to put off for a few months. We put in a new patio (1500 sq ft) with a gazebo and monstrous outdoor fireplace. Needless to say I just didn’t have time to finish this project. A month ago I tossed my old master forge propane smoker that I was limping along and was actually becoming on the verge of dangerous. I figured if I tossed it it would force me to finish this for thanksgiving. I tested and seasoned it a few times this week to get an idea of how it would work. I decided that I learned enough about it to make today’s bird the maiden voyage. I will post more pics and information in a separate thread when I have some time and link it here.
Introducing the Davidhef88 model COVID-19. View attachment 472516
Cool set up! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Smoke ON!

- Jason

This thing holds temp great! I can raise and lower it very easily. Got it up to 325* I’m sure I could go higher. I backed it down as the turkey is ahead of schedule.

Yes, I also have my remote thermometer that I am watching constantly because I am playing with vents and the mailbox to see how it reacts.
I'm getting ready to start my own build. Any chance you could post a pic or explain how the thermocouple is setup inside? This is the one piece of the build I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about.

Last edited:
I'm getting ready to start my own build. Any chance you could post a pic or explain how the thermocouple is setup inside? This is the one piece of the build I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about.
I’ll try to get some pictures and info for you later. I have a really busy day, it may not be until tomorrow unfortunately

Reactions: gunner7800
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky