New 30" MES - got it!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vcufan

Original poster
Jul 6, 2012
Just picked up my 30" MES today from walmart (179+tax) and she is out back right now being preseasoned :)

Gonna try smoking some pork spare ribs tomorrow! My mouth is already watering :)

Does anyone know if the newer (compared to mine that is about 4 years old ) ones have the problem with the spade terminals disintegrating causing the heating element to stop heating ? I told myself that if I ever got a new one I would do that terminal repair the day after it went out of warranty . I also thought of just doing it right away before the unit gets dirty from use . Just curious . Congrats on your purchase . This thing can turn out pretty good product.

Does anyone know if the newer (compared to mine that is about 4 years old ) ones have the problem with the spade terminals disintegrating causing the heating element to stop heating ? I told myself that if I ever got a new one I would do that terminal repair the day after it went out of warranty . I also thought of just doing it right away before the unit gets dirty from use . Just curious . Congrats on your purchase . This thing can turn out pretty good product.
I own the 30 and its about 1 year old now - I have had no issues as of yet and use it very often. 

Last edited:
Just picked up my 30" MES today from walmart (179+tax) and she is out back right now being preseasoned :)

Gonna try smoking some pork spare ribs tomorrow! My mouth is already watering :)
Congratulations!

I see this is your first post here, when you get a minute would you do us a favor and go to "Roll Call" and introduce yourself so we can get to know you and give you a proper welcome, also would you add your location to your profile, we like knowing where you are when we talk to you, Thanks!

Congrats on the new smoker! I have the 40 and really like it. Check your set display temps with the actual cabinet temp using a good thermometer. Sometimes they are off.

I see this is your first post, would you mind heading over to Roll Call and introducing yourself. Then we can give you a proper SMF Welcome!

Also could you update your profile with your location. It helps to know what part of the world you are in when answering questions and the like.

Thanks and good smoking!

I would suggest getting a Probe Thermometer ,and a good Threm . for the grill level, to help in cooking at and to the right temp. You can get them at the Big Box stores .

Keep your cooking temp. 275° to 300° until the internal temp. of the Chicken is At 170° in the Breast, a good Brining helps keep it moist at those temps.

When finished, take some pics (Q-view) of it and let us see your Masterpiece.

Have fun and...

Just got one for my birthday and got a pork shoulder from my butcher to try out tomorrow.  Have it rubbed with mustard and rub and in the fridge in cling wrap for the night.  Excited to try it out tomorrow :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky