Nepas Mild Slim Jims

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
NEPAS Mild Slim Jims
5lbs 80/20 gb. Or Ground chuck roast or good quality butcher shop GB. You can use 85/15 also
1 level tsp cure 1
2 T salt (you can taste and add more if needed)
1.5 tsp ground nutmeg
1.5 tsp celery seed
1.5 tsp garlic granules
1.5 tsp ground black or white pepper (adjust to your taste)
1/2 T cayenne (opt) (adjust to your taste)
1/4 cup fermento or Sako buttermilk powder mixed into 1/2 cup cold distilled water.

Mix all above into the meat. If using a mixer, mix for about 3‐4 mins. Taste test for any adjustments to salt or other. Most test fry but i dont, i taste raw.
If the mix tastes good stuff into 13‐20mm collagen or sheep casings, smoke your normal way.
Note: You can add other seasonings if you like. I have added 2 T of Allegro smoke marinade to this with a great taste. (this is throughout the meat, not just on the surface)
If you use fermento or sako skip any other binders you may use, like SPC, nfpdm, carrot binder

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky