needed to make room in freezer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 14, 2014
Northeast pa
probably like a lot of you I need to use up last years deer meat to make room for this years so why not some kielbasi and for the first time I tried my hand at bologna, got to say it came out great, will definitely be making more in the near future. had yesterday and today off so I smoked the kielbasi yesterday and bologna today, both in the mes 30 with hickory pellets using the mailbox mod. thanks for looking. Jim
20191120_083548_resized_1 (1).jpg
20191121_081806_resized (1).jpg
20191121_082501_resized (1).jpg
20191121_081259_resized (1).jpg
20191121_151228_resized (1).jpg

Looking really good!! That looks like a really cool old school grinder! How old is it?
thanks, yeah it's an old Hobart, not sure how old it is but I bought it off a older friend of mine a couple years back and to quote him he told me he bought it from an old store 30 years ago for 60 bucks and that this grinder doesn't owe him nothing and to just give him back his 60 bucks. I couldn't believe he gave it to me for that.

Looks real good. Can you share the bologna recipe? Bologna has been on my radar for a while. Just put some venison in the freezer a couple days ago.
thank you, the bologna was made with a con yeager pre mix seasoning, the kielbasi is my recipe I will share it if you want to try it.

Jim, you got nice looking kielbasi and bologna! Did you use your recipe or pre-mixed spices?
thank you, yeah the kielbasi is my recipe but the bologna is a con yeager pre mix, got to say it taste pretty good, next time I think i'll try a recipe from here to see if I can get it even better.

Nice looking sausage and baloney. Sure is some great snacking going be done at your house.

Warren
thanks warren, yeah it won't last long once we eat some and give some to friends, will definitely be making more before Christmas.

Both of them look great. We use the Con Yeager kits to do our deer bologna too. We like the PA Deer bologna kit the best. My son and I usually end up doing a 25# batch of bologna and a 25# batch of hot sausage each year from our deer (if we're fortunate enough to get some)... Nice work!

Reactions: smokerjim
thanks, yeah it's an old Hobart, not sure how old it is but I bought it off a older friend of mine a couple years back and to quote him he told me he bought it from an old store 30 years ago for 60 bucks and that this grinder doesn't owe him nothing and to just give him back his 60 bucks. I couldn't believe he gave it to me for that.
Have an old one myself. Though don't use any more. So dam heavy to move. They did make them to last. Mine came from a meat market that was closing. They had used it for 15 plus years.

Both of them look great. We use the Con Yeager kits to do our deer bologna too. We like the PA Deer bologna kit the best. My son and I usually end up doing a 25# batch of bologna and a 25# batch of hot sausage each year from our deer (if we're fortunate enough to get some)... Nice work!
thank you, yeah this is the first time I tried bologna, will definitely d it again, maybe i'll give the pa kit a try. and thanks for the like.

Everything looks great. As soon as I seen the grinder I knew it was a Hobart. I have one that looks just like that. Great grinder.

Reactions: Hawging It
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky