Need some suggestions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scotbradly726

Original poster
May 21, 2014
Hey y'all! Finally after 10 years I decided it was time to upgrade and build a bigger smokehouse. I went from 2X2 and 9' tall fired with a 15,000BTU PROPANE BURNER TO A 3X3 and 7' tall fires with a 30,000BTU double propane burner. I'm including some picks of the new smoker.

I'm having some temp issues. Particularly cold spots. I get good heat in the back and on the right side, but the left side is cold and so is the front. Looking for some tips on how to get more even heating....
GALLERY]

Last edited:
Nice smoke house. You might want to try putting a piece of steel above your heat source. Make it 6" smaller than your smoker heat should radiate up more evenly.Cant hurt to try!

Nice smoke house. You might want to try putting a piece of steel above your heat source. Make it 6" smaller than your smoker heat should radiate up more evenly.Cant hurt to try!
I was thinking maybe suspending a steel fan above the fire too. Maybe that would cause the air to move more evenly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky