Need some plans for smoke house (could someone please point me in a good direction)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chef kris brown

Original poster
Dec 24, 2019
Texas
I have used smokers large and small for a good deal of time now, however I have yet to use a smokehouse. I make sausage and a number of other things such as briskets 20 at a time or a few suckling pigs to give an idea of quantities. I think that I would benefit greatly from a smokehouse. Could anyone please point me towards some plans that would work. Thank you in advance.

I don't think a smoke house from the south will fill your wishes, Its cold smoke in the smoke houses here in the south, you are describing a large commercial smoker imo. good luck on your search

Reactions: chef kris brown
I had the same thoughts and after a big wind storm destroyed my house I used a bunch of that material to make my smokehouse.

I did a lot of research and really wanted a cinderblocks non flammable smokehouse. Instead I have a stucco covered, wood stud, insulation, concrete board covered with stainless smokehouse that is a conversation piece.

I had an idea of what I wanted and most of my research was learned by looking at pictures on Google and studying comments here. The best advice I got and my only recommendation was from this site and it was to put in a real fire pit in addition to propane. I'm capable of using propane, biscuits, cold smoke or real wood and I use all 4 throughout the year. 80% is with firewood so I was super appreciative of that tip. Good luck and post some pictures.

If you want wood fired, I got a few ideas for you here. I am planning on this year, maybe next on rebuilding the fire box into two vaulted ovens. Bottom for the smoke house like it and a top for a wood fired oven with indirect smoker beneath.

If you want propane or electric search the smokehouse sub-forum.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky