Need some ideas for snack stiks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Domie

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 26, 2021
I have a friend who cannot eat any, beef, pork, lamb, venison, OR anything that even contains a hint of those, so .... I can only use chicken or turkey and I'm locked into cellulous casings because collagen casings will kill him.
I did some Italian Chicken sausage (fresh) and a savory chicken (fresh) for him and he said it was great.
Now I'm really stuck looking for a hot (spicy), smoked snack stick recipe for him in either chicken or turkey.
Any ideas?

If he liked the fresh sausage you made for him use that seasoning .
Add the cure , binder if you use it and some heat. Agree with the above . Poli has some good poultry formulas . You can always go without casings . Not sure how small the cellulose go .

Reactions: indaswamp
If he liked the fresh sausage you made for him use that seasoning .
Add the cure , binder if you use it and some heat. Agree with the above . Poli has some good poultry formulas . You can always go without casings . Not sure how small the cellulose go .
thanks 21mm is the smallest i've seen

Domie Here is a post I did making Chicken sausage. The recipe is in the post with some revues from people on here.
Richie
That is nice of you to make a special sausage for a friend

I tried weisswurst with a 50/50 blend of pork and chicken (thighs and skin idea stole from Richie) and was so impressed I plan to try a few all chicken things in the near future. I think pretty much any mix could work provided the chicken and fat ratio is good. I think one the coolest things we can do mix it up and try unique things. IE make snack sticks with a brat mix. If gung ho on replicating the flavor of an all beef snack stick with only chicken I think some chicken liver would help.

Domie Here is a post I did making Chicken sausage. The recipe is in the post with some revues from people on here.
Richie
That is nice of you to make a special sausage for a friend
Thanks for the recipe link!
Yeah, this guy hangs with us and we're all BSn about this snack and that snack and he kinda ain't got nothing to contribute.
So I figure . .. what the hell, we can all try some stuff he can eat....

21mm is the smallest i've seen
That would probably work . Here's a pic of some unstuffed I did while I was making sausage .
Takes more work but they come out good . I actually did this in an air fryer . Just ran thru the horn and cut off .
20200420_140619.jpg
I make that chicken sausage Richie posted all the time . It's fantastic .

not snack sticks but omit the bacon and this might give you some ideas

Reactions: zwiller
You might be able to get them smaller in cellulose you will need to google around.

I was kinda gung ho about smaller diameter casings for sticks but not anymore. Way harder to stuff and use. 21mm is pretty good IMO.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky