Need info on my smoker project

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brownbear65

Original poster
May 10, 2022
I want to build a smoker vertical but don't want d heat to over cook my meat ... so if I put a shield in will it help some..here's a rough sketch

thank you.donny

Attachments

• 20220510_123826.jpg
    20220510_123826.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 17
tx smoker tx smoker just fabricated a hell of a vertical cabinet smoker. He might be able to provide you with some insight. Are you going to run two separate chambers? If not you could run a steel pan for wood chunks right over the fire and maybe a water pan above that which would provide the smoke and a heat shield.

Reactions: brownbear65
Here is the link to the first one I built and subsequently tore apart. This is just for reference so you'll see the differences with the next link I'll post, which is the second build and the one that John mentioned above.

Robert

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Here is the second one and it is a true dream to cook on!! I love this thing. Best smoker I've ever had, and I've owned a bunch of them.

Robert

Reactions: brownbear65
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky