Need help with dyi rottiserie motor/gear setup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

derek1

Original poster
Jun 3, 2019
I found a 13amp 120v 5000rpm table saw motor. Im wondering if its possible to use this as my motor for rotisserie.

I have no idea if its even possible to slow it down to 2-3 rpm or if it can handle continuous use for several hours but im hoping someone on here can tell me.

I was thinking of a gearbox of sorts to slow it down. anyways, if anyone can help or shed some light on this it would be appreciated. there is very little info on this online.

I found a 13amp 120v 5000rpm table saw motor. Im wondering if its possible to use this as my motor for rotisserie.

I have no idea if its even possible to slow it down to 2-3 rpm or if it can handle continuous use for several hours but im hoping someone on here can tell me.

I was thinking of a gearbox of sorts to slow it down. anyways, if anyone can help or shed some light on this it would be appreciated. there is very little info on this online.
If that motor is in good shape you could sell it for the price of the whole rotisserie .
Just another comment , Lowes sells a char broil roto set up for around $35 .

Last edited:
Good idea. The motor is in great shape.
Ill see what i can sell it for and hopefully make up the cost for a proper motor.

I just had to get one for a stationary sander . I went cheap at a 100 bucks . If that one has a start and run capacitor , easy 200 to the right guy .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky