Need a recipe for Deer Breakfast sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
NoContest.....I'll be right over!
icon_smile.gif

Here is a recipe that is a must do for venison:
Summer sausage;

6# Ground Venison
1-1/2 TBL pepper
3 TBL- Mustard Seed
3/4 TBL Garlic Powder
3/4 TBL Crushed Red Pepper
1-1/2 TBL Onion Powder
7-1/2 TBL Tender Quick
3/4 TBL Liquid Smoke
3 Cups Cold Water

Mix well & Fridge for 24 hours. Roll into log, wrap with foil, and place in boiling water for 30-40 minutes. Finish on the smoker. I guarantee you'll be making this as part of your venison processing every year. This recipe is one of my favorites that is always asked for once someone tastes the finished product. I will posts photos when I get my next deer... very soon

Do you guys stuff your sausage, make into patties or just leave it in bulk packages?

No Contest, that stuff looks great! Its not stuffed into any casing?

No Casing- Just shape into a fatty & dunk in boilng water- this one will be a winner with your friends!!!

It firms up the log and starts the cooking process. I never questioned this (or tried without boiling) before- although very odd- it is amazing on the finished product

I made a 25# batch of breakfast sausage last night. Used 60% venison and 40% pork. Bought a seasoning packet made by <a href="http://www.leosseasonings.com/main.sc">Leo's Seasoning</a> from Bismarck. Ground the meat through once with the course plate and again with the fine plate. Mixed everything together and packaged as bulk sausage for frying patties. Had some last night and this morning. Good stuff!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky