NEED A NEW WELDER

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sholmes

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 10, 2013
CHELSEA, IOWA
I AM HALF WAY THROUGH MY 350 GAL REVERSE FLOW BUILD AND NEED A NEW WELDER.  I AM LOOKING AT A MILLER 211.  IT IS 110V OR 220V.  I CAN GET ONE WITH EVERYTHING BUT THE GAS BOTTLE FOR AROUND $1200.

I HAVE ALWAYS HAD GREAT LUCK WITH MILLER WELDERS BUT HAVE NOT USED A 211.

ANYONE HAVE ONE OR USED ONE?  THE REVIEWS ONLINE ARE GOOD.

I AM WILLING TO SPEND THE CASH TO GET A GOOD DEPENDABLE WELDER.  I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT I GET A WELDER THAT WILL DO ALL THAT I WANT WITHOUT OVER DOING IT AND SPENDING MORE MONEY THAN I NEED TO .

Last edited:
I recently got a miller 211. I run it on 220 all the time. It outshines the types you get in home improvement stores all day. Lots more capacity and settings.

The Lincoln 180s are quite well built as well. Be mindful of your duty cycle and you won't run into issues. Miller may claim to have a higher amperage but what is the duty cycle 20-30% while Lincolns 180 may run 180 amps at 50-60%. Just sayin....

I would also ask somebody who works on welders which is best. NOT your welder supply store. They are often very biased because the big names offer different kick backs to different stores. Compare machines as close as possible and never plan to run one full blast every time you use it.

Last edited:
The Miller 211 looks like a nice unit..... You will need a cart and extension cord for power supply..... 10' lead is normal but restrictive in some situations.... be sure the cart will hold a bottle for moving the unit around easily..... Once you get the welder, you can make a really nice cart..... I have the Miller Trailblazer and spool gun... 25' lead on the gun.. 2# spools can be a PITA at times... 8" spools would be really nice at times...
I have Miller, Lincoln and Hyper-Therm stuff..... It's all good....

I picked up a Hobart Ironman 230 about a month ago and love it. Solid unit for the price

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky