NC Vets - 2 Bank of America Charlotte 500 Tickets For Free

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dls1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
Depends On The Day
A little over a week ago I received an unsolicited email from Aspen Dental Corporation which said something along the lines of "As a distinguished veteran, as well as a fan of motor car racing, we would like to invite you and a guest to join us at the NASCAR Spring Cup Series Bank of America 500 event in Charlotte, NC, on October 8, 2016. Being clueless as to how they had my email address as well as knowing that I was a veteran and that I've been involved and a fan of auto racing most of my life, though nor so much NASCAR, I clicked on the link that said "Learn More". Immediately, I received a confirmation of acceptance of the invitation. Baffled, I just closed the email.

An hour or so later, I received another confirmation email with my correct shipping information, which I ignored. A couple days later, I received confirmation of shipment of the tickets via FedEx along with a tracking number. I checked with FedEx and found that the shipment was bona fide and that the tickets were on the way to me.

At that point, I checked everything out and found that it’s all for real and has been well publicized, at least in the Charlotte area. Apparently, Aspen Dental is offering the invitation to a total of 1,000 vets and their guests.

The tickets and event information arrived Friday, 9/30/2016. Unfortunately, my primary residence is around 600 miles away in Chicago and I won’t be going to the race. I checked with a couple acquaintances in the area who can’t use the tickets so I thought I’d post it on the forum to see if any vet in the area might be interested in going.

VIP seating info: Ford Grandstand – Section G – Row 17 – Seats 8 and 9. I checked Ticketmaster, and it appears that the retail value of the seats is $125-$150 each.

Event Info: Arrive 2:00 PM through Gate 8 and proceed to check in at the “Smiles4YourService” welcome tent. From 2:00 PM to 4:30 PM attend Aspen Dental’s “Pit Party” From 4:45 to 5:45 PM, attend Aspen Dental’s pre-race concert featuring “3 Doors Down”. The race begins at 7:00 PM.

Though it’s not stated in the information I received, I assume that they may ask for proof of prior military service at the time of check in, so bringing a copy of form DD214 is recommended. It is not required that the guest be a vet.

Again, the tickets, as well as the other perks, are FREE. If I were in the area I would probably go, but I’m not and I hate to see the tickets end up in the trash when someone else might benefit from the invitation.

If you have an interest, PM me, and do so as soon as possible. The race is only 1 week away.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky