Napoleon Coconut Charcoal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Never heard of it before Gavlar, but it really looks interesting...

(They aren't clear cutting tropical islands of coconut trees are they? :confused::eek::rolleyes: ) Just Kidding...

It is available here, too.

Last edited:
Well I used the napoleon briquettes over the weekend to cook a shoulder of pork and a brisket as well as baked potatoes all in the brick smoker. The smoker itself is reasonably new and i am still experimenting with the burn rate and temperatures.

Once i heated up the smoker with seasoned hardwood and cheap briquettes from Aldi, i then placed two or three of the Napoleon briquettes which are long hexagonal hollow blocks, the seem to burn slow with a solid red glow throughout. I regularly re-loaded the smoker from 4.30 am through to 3pm with a solid constant temperature of around 110-120c.

Over this time i used half the box of briquettes which cost me £20, so this session cost £10. My smoker has a lot of calcium silicate insulation and fire bricks throughout and therefore I wish i has something else to cook low and slow as it kept a 90-100c temp for ages (I went to bed at 10pm and it was still hot)

In summary I think i need to experiment more with my smoker, but I am a convert to the coconut style briquettes, albeit once I have heated the smoker up first.

I am keep to heat of anyone else who have used these and also any tips on heating up a brick smoker in a timely and cost effective way.

Cheers all

ps, the brisket and shoulder was sensational

Gavlar

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky