My new stuffer.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Here's the turntable I'm putting together. Still needs to be sanded, assembled, and treated with cutting board compound.

Looks good but you are still gonna have wasted meat in the elbow with it coming off the bottom like that.

What works for me is:

Crank out the piston and tighten the check valve so that it's sealed. Put the crank on the high gear and give it a good quick crank. The air pressure will blow out most of what's in the tube and elbow.

Reactions: Steve H
Ya. No pic here

It was supposed to be a video. Guess it didn't work. Sorry.

P5132179.JPG

Reactions: fullborebbq
I needed something yesterday . Darn sheep casings didn't want to coil up . Let us know how it comes out .

I needed something yesterday . Darn sheep casings didn't want to coil up . Let us know how it comes out .

Sheep casings are a pain! I have noticed that the longer I soak the hog casings the better they work. Not as tough to the bite and less blowouts. Not sure if it is the same with the sheep casings......Only tried them once for breakfast sausage....

Someone with more experience might ad to this.....

And here we are. Cooked the brats and deep fried some fries. I didn't get around to making Currywurst. So I just used ketchup with curry sprinkled on it. And I went ahead and had my fries with mayonaise. Which is popular in Germany. Not good for you at all I'd imagine. But quite good.

P5142182.JPG
b1.jpg

Looks good . How was the sausage ? That formula looks familiar , lol . I add whole eggs and milk . Helps with the mouth feel / texture . I also add the right amount of cure 1 . I like the cure in bratwurst .

Sheep casings are a pain! I have noticed that the longer I soak the hog casings the better they work. Not as tough to the bite and less blowouts. Not sure if it is the same with the sheep casings......Only tried them once for breakfast sausage....

Someone with more experience might ad to this.....
I store the sheep casings the same as I do the hog . Wet , always ready to go . Just rinse . Normally have no trouble with them , but the other day they just didn't want to come off the horn .
This is how I keep all mine .
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/how-to-handle-natural-casings.159729/#post-1153327

Looks good . How was the sausage ? That formula looks familiar , lol . I add whole eggs and milk . Helps with the mouth feel / texture . I also add the right amount of cure 1 . I like the cure in bratwurst .

I store the sheep casings the same as I do the hog . Wet , always ready to go . Just rinse . Normally have no trouble with them , but the other day they just didn't want to come off the horn .
This is how I keep all mine .
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/how-to-handle-natural-casings.159729/#post-1153327

They were very good. I thought about adding egg whites. I will try that next time.

Was totally blown away of the size/weight of mine too. Can't wait to use it. In the interest of full disclosure I find many small imperfections on mine. Definitely hallmarks of chinese knock off. I can live with it. Step up to real Hakka if that sort of thing bothers you. I am also very much interested in doing german sausages including one for currywurst. Yours look awesome Steve! Have not been to Germany (yet) but have a good currywurst recipe developed. I have plan for weisswurt with chicken instead of veal. Still worried the missus will freak with real casings so will stick to collagen for awhile. Plan to do some snack stick first. Not sure if the casings I have will fit but will give a try before grabbing a 10mm.

20190502_135043_resized(1).jpg

Reactions: Steve H
Was totally blown away of the size/weight of mine too. Can't wait to use it. In the interest of full disclosure I find many small imperfections on mine. Definitely hallmarks of chinese knock off. I can live with it. Step up to real Hakka if that sort of thing bothers you. I am also very much interested in doing german sausages including one for currywurst. Yours look awesome Steve! Have not been to Germany (yet) but have a good currywurst recipe developed. I have plan for weisswurt with chicken instead of veal. Still worried the missus will freak with real casings so will stick to collagen for awhile. Plan to do some snack stick first. Not sure if the casings I have will fit but will give a try before grabbing a 10mm.

View attachment 395571

Veal makes a big impact on flavor and texture. I'd be interested in how the Weisswurt turns out. This weekend I plan on making another batch of snack sticks with 21mm casings. I'll be using the Cabela teriyaki kit again. The last batch was great. You care to share your currywurst recipe?

Reactions: zwiller
Weisswurst is huge fave of mine and one of them main reasons I got into sausage making cause it is outrageously priced near me. Once I get something figured out I will do write up. Plan #1 is recipe based on Marianski and 50/50 mix of butt and chicken thigh. Will dig out the currywurst recipe and send. Not perfected yet but definitely close. Would love some feedback on it especially anyone who has had the real deal.

Nice!

How many pounds is that stuffer supposed to hold? I ask because I have found that they hold a pound or 2 less than adverstised so I always suggest to people to go a little bigger than the amount they intend to stuff.
I bought a 10L (22-23 pound) just so I can stuff 20 pounds at a time. Doing this has been a HUGE help and time saver when doing a couple of hundred pounds of stuffing :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky