My New Smoker Cover

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Braz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 25, 2017
Indiana
Two years ago I ordered a Masterbuilt branded cover for my MES 40" smoker from Amazon. After getting it I determined that it was just too cheap and flimsy to keep and I sent it back. Then I bought a cover made by a company called Brightent that was better and big enough to also fit over the M/B cold smoker attachment. It was also fairly expensive at $59.95. Unfortunately after two years of use the fabric on the top started to develop some tears, probably from UV deterioration.

So I went looking for a replacement and finding nothing really appealing turned to a local auto/boat upholstery shop. I considered a boat cover canvas but that would cost $100 because he'd have to order material in some minimum amount. But, he had some leftover commercial grade naugahyde and could make it for $60. The silver color/pattern was OK, especially for a stainless smoker box.

I like it and we will see how it stands up to the elements.

_DSC0097.JPG

Looks great! Great idea on the boat shop. I've been hesitant to put mine outside just because of the electrical components to it but would be nice to get it out of garage if I could find a good cover!

Looks great and you can't beat that custom fit.
The cover I bought for my Smoke Hollow doesn't seem very robust either.
I store my smoker with the cover in a shed between smokes since I just don't trust the cover to be 100% waterproof. Plus, I doubt the cover would last very long out here in the Arizona sun.
Yeah, it seems a bit overkill, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky