My new Camp Chef Woodwind SG

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shinny

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Harford County, Maryland
I read reviews and watched videos until my eyes were bleeding. I saw the sale of $100 off and took a chance. I've never owned a Camp Chef anything but they have great reviews except for a few I read here. I placed the order on a Saturday night for the WW SG with Sear Box and by the following Thursday, it was delivered to my driveway. I rushed home from work and put it together. I also ordered a cover and bag pf pellets.

It took about an hour to assemble it and I was only missing one nut. I had some the same size, so I was ok.

I made reverse seared burgers the first time and they were great. My second cook was a pair of Chukies and a beer can chicken. Everything was perfect. My third cook was a "NY Strip Roast or maybe it's a ribeye roast mis-labled" Either way, it turned out perfectly. This grill/smoker is absolutely terrific. Just set the temperature and let it work it's magic. I can't say enough good things about this grill. My review isn't that in-depth but I hope it helps someone if they're looking at one.

Reactions: retfr8flyr
Congratulations on your new grill. I just went through the same agonizing search procedure and I ran into a deal that was too good to pass up on the Timberline 1300. I have had it for a little over a week and it has made a real pellet believer out of me. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your cooks posted.

Congrats on the new cooker, nothing like being pleased with your smoker. Enjoy and I look forward to seeing your threads on your cooks

Woodwind believer here. Glad you’re happy with yours too. So far my best cooks have been reverse sear Tri Tip and double thick ribeye, mango habanero glazed salmon, baby backs and spareribs and pork butt. My brisket hasn’t been anything to write home about yet. Have one in the pit now and we’ll see if I can’t get this one where it needs to be.
Enjoy your SG. So easy to add that great smoke flavor to your backyard cooks.

Yesterday’s brisket was awesome! Great taste and so tender. It passed the droop and stretchy tests.
Here are some slices I took to a buddy whose wife is in the hospital. While I was there I taught him how to boil water for jello.

Attachments

• 472BD051-F596-4011-880C-7FDCB92E8036.jpeg
    472BD051-F596-4011-880C-7FDCB92E8036.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 45
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky