My first tenderloin and rib smoke w/ pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

justfish

Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
Might be a little decieving, as I have had a Brinkman smoker for many years. I just never knew there was an art to this stuff. About once a year I loaded it up w/ stuff , got it hot and fought like heck to keep it that way. The food was good, but it usually took ALL DAY, and wasnt much fun. I tossed that Brinkman in the spring and found this website while researching a new smoker, and I am now hooked. I bought a GOSM from Walmart, and I love it so far.
Had a belated Thanksgiving, so I did some ribs, chicken (split in half), pork tenderloin, and a few sausages. Everything was dryrubbed, and ribs were done using a modified 321. Used blackjack oak and some hickory. Heres some pics.

Thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll beat turkey & stuffing every time IMHO, good lookinâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] smoke!
wink.gif

Man told me, 'something is work only if you would prefer to be doing somthing else.' What else would you like to be doing with results like these.

Wonderful. Will be trying some ribs next week from a newly felled steer. Cant wait. Am not familiar with the 321, can you help or is it a commercial blend available in your part of smokedom. Congrats.

dr good

Good morning...the 321 that justfish is referring to is a method of cooking ribs...smoke at 225* for 3 hours, or until the meat shrinks away from the end of the bone about a 1/4 inch...then 2 hours foiled with a good splashing of apple juice or what ever you want...then 1 hour out of the foil with what ever sauce you want on them..or leave them nekid...guaranteed to fall off the bone...never fails...

Enjoy
Later
Richard

Good looking meat justfish, wish I had some now. Congrats on the upgrade to the GOSM - you're hooked for life now.

Keep Smokin

Richard, thanks mate, I have a small steer in the cold room awaiting my attention in a couple of weeks and shall remember the old 321. Just love ribs that fall off. Never had them smoked either. Sounds great.

Wow, thanks for all the compliments!
The chicken was just dry rubbed w/ a rub my wife came up w/. They didnt just look good, it was the best chicken I ever had period.

By golly justfish, I think you got the hang of it. Good looking pic too, BTW!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky