My first smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

idaho

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 28, 2013
North Idaho
Ok so I got the smoker seasoned, Brined my chicken parts all night and now just put them in the smoker.

Brine was

Salt

Garlic powder

onion powder

apple cider/ water

brown sugar

fresh tarragon, oregano , Onion and Garlic

Rub was

Smoked Paprika

Onion an garlic powder

fresh ground pepper

Salt

Kind of new to this rub stuff and we are not fond of HOT spice.

Will post pictures IF it looks edible when I take them out in about 3 hours.

What is best temp to pull the chicken ?

Thanks Adam

Last edited:
Juicy meat?  Crispy Skin?  How did your rub taste?  I want more info because your chickens look awesome and I love the ideea of halving them.

Nice job, looks great!!
drool.gif

Juicy meat?  Crispy Skin?  How did your rub taste?  I want more info because your chickens look awesome and I love the ideea of halving them.
The meat was so moist you could have squeezed it out like a wash rag!!! Rub was good could have been crispier for my liking but everyone else here likes soft skin (YUK)  

This weekend I thawed about 25 pounds of Venison that I cubed and froze, Then I bought 35 pounds of pork butt. SO will attempt 25 pounds of summer sausage, 10 pounds of jerky sticks and about 25 pounds of breakfast sausage. Will keep you updated as I go.

Man would my wife like that. Kind of gives a funny mental picture of 6 legged chickens running around

Ok 5 racks of jerky in the smoker having a hard time keeping temps down, Have door part way open now. Meat grinder gave me some issues getting the summer sausage so will hold off on breakfast until I modify if more

Well jerky still on there, I have 25 pounds of summer sausage to go, filled 7 big casings. May wait till tomorrow when the wind dies down keeping temps is tough today.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky