My first smoke was a success!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great job man! As others said you fared way better than many in your first smoke, especially on an offset. Temp taking 230 to 260 not all that bad really. You will get the hang of holding it to a narrower range. I run a charcoal cabinet and I like to do my butts in the 275F range, faster and no discernible difference in taste. Congrats on making the carousel on your first ever smoke!
Thank you very much! I was so nervous about it earlier while it was resting. But when I finally unwrapped it to shred it.... I was in awe of the flavor and tenderness! Then when the wife’s family started to eat (these people ain’t afraid to say food sucks when It sucks) and I heard wows and mmmmmms I immediately came down to calm cool and collected. It’s just such a great feeling to me to know people enjoy my cooking/grilling/ and now smoking. Next smoke is going to be ribs. But I’m going to study up and learn more about my smoker before I dive into the next cook.

Reactions: tallbm
Great job man! As others said you fared way better than many in your first smoke, especially on an offset. Temp taking 230 to 260 not all that bad really. You will get the hang of holding it to a narrower range. I run a charcoal cabinet and I like to do my butts in the 275F range, faster and no discernible difference in taste. Congrats on making the carousel on your first ever smoke!
Thank you very much! I was so nervous about it earlier while it was resting. But when I finally unwrapped it to shred it.... I was in awe of the flavor and tenderness! Then when the wife’s family started to eat (these people ain’t afraid to say food sucks when I sucks) and I heard wows and mmmmmms I immediately came down to calm cool and collected. It’s just such a great feeling to me to know people enjoy my cooking/grilling/ and now smoking. Next smoke is going to be ribs. But I’m going to study up and learn more about my smoker before I dive into the next cook.

Reactions: jcam222
Great looking pork Ronnie, and awesome job on the first smoke! They get easier from here on out. Congrats on the car ride!

Excellent, Ronnie!
Learning an offset isn't easy and takes patience, but it looks like you've got a handle on it already! I've been running a CharGriller "Competition Pro" for around four years and am happy with it. At first I worried about not being able to keep lower temps, but when the chow came out fine I stopped worrying. Mine's happiest between 260 and 280....
Congrats on the merry-go-round!
Dan

Reactions: RonnieD35
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky