My first Pulled Pork with q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ctonello

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
I have been waiting all week for today so I can make my first pulled pork! I used a 4.5 lb picnic shoulder as I couldnt track down a boston butt, and I trimmed the skin off. Covered the shoulder in mustard and my favourite rub and let it sit overnight.
nedy5ube.jpg

I put it in my MES at 8:00am and let it smoke for a few hours. I added more hickory chips along the way and sprayed with apple juice, spiced rum, and whiskey. At 11:30 here is what it looks like:
u3abane9.jpg

Meat temp is around 150. At 165 I will throw it in the foil pan below dump the rest of my spray in and double foil.

My mouth is starting to water! I am going to finish with SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce and a cheap white bun. Also making Wicked Baked Beans. Ill keep the updates coming, I hope it turns out as good as it looks!

Looks good from my house! Think you will be hooked.

Here is the meat @165 going in to the pan with the juices and sealed with foil:
a6e7u6y9.jpg

It looks much blacker in the picture it is actually a very nice golden colour.

This was the meat after unwrapping it. Pretty much fell apart on its own.
maguzyga.jpg

The finished product with finishing sauce on it. It was delcious although Im pretty sure I used too much finishing sauce because the vinegar taste was very strong.
aruquheq.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky