My first pork butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tommy c

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 23, 2006
Wisconsin
Here are the pics from the 10# pork butt I did a few weeks ago. Also made some smoked beans to go with it 8)
I soaked the butt in italian dressing for 24hrs and then rubbed it with cajun seasoning. I mopped with apple cider and Jim Beam combo every hour. Smoked at 220 until butt was 190 and then foiled and put it to rest for one hour. I then used SoFlaquer's finishing sauce.
I put the beans under the butt while smokin' to get all the awsome juices and then added some of the pork to the beans. Everything was just unbelievable!!!!!!
36dc65ce_vbattach10824.jpg

617782f4_vbattach10823.jpg

616a4b14_vbattach10822.jpg

Way to go, Tommy! I see that you are really getting the hang of things. I can almost smell the aroma through my monitor! I'm sure glad its getting close to lunchtime.

Cheers,
Brian

Thanks Brian
wink.gif
With all of the pics I've been postin' I'm kinda thinkin' I should head to my butcher for some meat to throw on the smoker this weekend :D
Hopefully I'll soon get nominations for the OTBS 8)

You're very welcome Tommy!

Ask and ye shall receive...With all those delicious pics you've been putting up, I believe you are ready... I will pop on over to the OTBS thread and submit my nomination forthwith.

Cheers,
Brian

You have earned it Tommy. Ribs, Chicken, Pork Butt. You been busy on the grates. Everything you have cooked loos good, and I wish you lived in my neighborhod. I would be honored to go over your house a hoist a few cold ones. I would even bring the beer. {that is a real honor}

Tommy it looks like you've been having yourself a good time! :D I know we all have enjoyed your recent posts immensely 8)

Great job on the pulled pork-N-beans!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky