My first BBq sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

southpaw2012

Original poster
Mar 27, 2013
Spring Hill, TN
I joined yesterday and I was looking at yalls bbq recipes and found one by redheelerdog. I made it last night and it turned out wonderful and like he said was even better this morning. I can't wait to do my first smoke. I want to thank all of you, you really are nice people who love to help newbies. But I also know there are secrets that you won't share with anyone, not even your wife.
biggrin.gif
 I know y'all like pics so here it is.

I'm a newbie to the site (visited many many times but just recentrly joined), but I've had a  pation for the smoker and cooking in general for a long time. If you like spicy, try this. Small batch first then go from there.

1/4 cup thin sliced and diced white onion

1/8 butter (salted or not, doesn't matter)

2-3 teaspoons chili oil (start with 2- want more spice , add the 3rd)

1 tsp cayenne pepper powder

1 cup ketchup

2 tblsp Sriracha Chili Sause (found in chinese isle in the grocery store. Has a green cap on it)

black pepper (for good speckle affect)

3 tblsp of worcestershire sauce

salt to taste

Cook onions in butter and chili oil until onions are clear and very soft. Low heat. Don't caramelize them.

Once onions are ready, add everything else. Cook on low heat, stir frequently until it's hot. Always taste it. Worcestershire sauce is usualy what I add after everything is done. Sometimes spices. I like it hot and spicy.

This a good base sauce that I've worked on over the years. It's been a great spring board for experimentation and adding different indregients for different tastes.

Good luck!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky