My 500 gallon pit build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WOW.... Amazing work, brother!!!!!
I'd be worried about scraping the fire box going in and out of off angle area's. How much ground clearance does it have at the back of the fire box?

Sweet build.
Dan

WOW.... Amazing work, brother!!!!!
I'd be worried about scraping the fire box going in and out of off angle area's. How much ground clearance does it have at the back of the fire box?

Sweet build.
Dan
It’s right at 9”, if I built it again I would raise it up another 3-4”

Reactions: forktender
00F66699-273D-45E7-B5BA-4470408BFE46.jpeg
C763E91A-6C7B-4FF9-8874-1BE2ACD5157E.jpeg

Well first long haul cook today, did a 16 lb brisket in the main chamber then in the back box cooked 4 cheese bacon Mac n cheese as well as some baked loaded mash potato bowls. All turned out very good, I recorded the entire thing to show some highlights of the pit in operation, when I get it up I will post the link on here

Reactions: Fueling Around
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky