More vortex chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
Can’t get enough of this contraption. Amazing. But not quite as amazing as when paired with ‘Yum Yum’ sauce from disco disco . Not as pretty as his but I want to put this on everything I eat now!

DE10159D-DDD9-48FD-95FD-86A326D22E40.jpeg 002F7D82-D3F1-4135-861B-DEABD369A2C8.jpeg

The chicken with sauce is on the right in the pic.

The Vortex and Disco's sauce's seem to have been made for each other. The SnS is no joke either, turns a Weber into a "can do everything" machine. RAY

Reactions: JCAP
Thanks for looking and the likes/comments all!

The Vortex and Disco's sauce's seem to have been made for each other. The SnS is no joke either, turns a Weber into a "can do everything" machine. RAY

The combo is insanely good. I recently picked up a the original SNS and it is a great piece too. I haven’t used it for the slow cooking yet but hopefully soon!

Reactions: sawhorseray
You will love the SnS JCAP, pork and beef ribs are a snap. I did Dino ribs last weekend and had coals left over. RAY

Thanks for looking and the likes/comments all!
The combo is insanely good. I recently picked up a the original SNS and it is a great piece too. I haven’t used it for the slow cooking yet but hopefully soon!

I'm wondering how long you had those thighs on the grill for JCAP? I did some Vortex thighs last week for a total of 50 minutes and thought I might have been better off with somewhere between 43-45 minutes total. Of course it was 106º here with the Weber sitting right in the direct sun, but I'm just trying to get more stuff dialed in with the Vortex. So far I'm liking wings at 35 minutes total, legs 40. RAY

I'm wondering how long you had those thighs on the grill for JCAP? I did some Vortex thighs last week for a total of 50 minutes and thought I might have been better off with somewhere between 43-45 minutes total. Of course it was 106º here with the Weber sitting right in the direct sun, but I'm just trying to get more stuff dialed in with the Vortex. So far I'm liking wings at 35 minutes total, legs 40. RAY

I think it was around 40 minutes or so. Wings are anywhere from 30-40 for me. Not so hot here though!

Reactions: sawhorseray
Hey, thanks for that JCAP! I just did some legs for a half hour, gave them a teriyaki toss in Yoshidas sauce, and put them back on for 6 minutes. Came out absolutely perfect! Of course it's 106º here so I've no idea how someone would be able to extrapolate the times and temps. I'm not gonna post it, me and Smokin' in AZ John are about the only ones who have to negotiate the temps we deal with. I gotta say, if you want a teriyaki sauce right out of the bottle,
DSCN1863.JPG
DSCN1864.JPG
Mr Yoshidas is dammed hard to beat. RAY

Looks really great- I don’t know if I’ve ever seen that brand but I’ll keep an eye out now!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky