Mods To My GOSM To Use My A-MAZE-N-PELLET-SMOKER

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nitro195601

Original poster
Jun 9, 2012
Greenville, SC
I LOVE my GOSM, have had it for about 1 year now and use it at least 2 times a month. I wanted to use the A-MAZE-N Pellet Smoker but when I placed it inside it would go out due to the lack of oxygen because of the propane burner. So after seeing a few threads of mods I decided to go with the Mail Box mod. And let me tell you, it works like a champ. Able to get an 7 to 8 hour smoke on a full tray of pellets. I also placed a felt tape seal around the door and added a cool latch to the door instead of the one that come with it. Here are a few pictures of the mail box mod.

This is the new felt gasket I ordered from Amazon along with some 3M spray adhesive. Works great!!

This is the new latch I ordered from Amazon. I works a lot better than the factory one.

Mail box mounts perfectly on back and is same width. NO smoke leaks so is sealed good around door.

I added a thin stainless steel flashing plate just above the opening and the full length of the mail box to help direct the smoke out of the opening and into the GOSM.

I used an aluminum plate between the mail box and GOSM with gaskets on both sides to seal it off. It is VERY sturdy with a tight seal.

A look at the opening from inside the GOSM.

Starting to generate smoke and ready to fire up the burner and add the meat.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky