Mods for grill/offset smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MeaterMaid

Original poster
May 15, 2021
Hi, looking for simple mods for my new grill/smoker. I have a char-griller smokin’ pro and want to make some mods to make it solid. I was looking to add the dryer vent tubing from the smoke stack down to grate level. Wouldn’t the temperature be too high for the tubing? Seems like it couldn’t take the heat. Also, is that only effective for indirect cooking?

If it was me I would seal up all gaps and do the exhaust mod so that you are getting it to burn more consistent and efficient.

Reactions: MeaterMaid
I've been using a CharGriller "Competition Pro" for about 5 years now and the only "mod" I have is baffling plates at the firebox end.
I did seal all the seams while assembling. All this mod stuff is overblown IMHO...

Reactions: MeaterMaid
If it was me I would seal up all gaps and do the exhaust mod so that you are getting it to burn more consistent and efficient.
Thanks! Yeah that is what I’m most interested in. The exhaust mod makes so much sense that I’m surprised that the standard design isn’t changed.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky