Mexican Ranchero Skirt Steak Roll-Ups (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow! Incredible as always Robert! That looks like a really fun one to put together and even more fun to chow down on! Great work!

The law is Insider TRADER information. We aren't trading anything so are still within bounds of the law :emoji_laughing: Nice try at ruining my day Chris :emoji_wink:

Robert
The Dick Tracy sleuth training I received as a young'in makes me suspicious of everyone. These gumshoes never rest. :emoji_sunglasses:

I've posted the recipe here before. That's why I didn't post it again. Several people have made it and seemingly enjoy the sauce. If you can't find it just let me know and I'll post it again.

Robert
I'd appreciate the repost Robert. The sauce does sound really good.

Chris

Reactions: sawhorseray
Only thing missing is some of that hot sauce LOL
This meal was done a couple weeks ago, before I got the hot sauce got here. I just didn't post it because it was ugly....then I remembered all the other recent ugly threads and decided to pop this one out there.

Robert

Reactions: jcam222
I will definitely track that down and it might just make a good stew all by itself!

I'd appreciate the repost Robert. The sauce does sound really good.
Here ya go guys:

1 T olive oil
½ cup chopped white onions
2 Jalapenos seeds and stems removed and chopped
2t minced garlic
4 Roma tomatoes diced
½ t salt
1 t black pepper
1/2 t ground cumin
1 t paprika
1 t guajillo pepper
½ t chipotle pepper
½ t oregano (recommend Mexican)
1 cup vegetable or chicken broth

Instructions

Add the olive oil, onions, jalapenos, and garlic to a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat and saute for about 5 minutes until softened.

Add tomatoes, broth, and seasonings. Bring to a boil

Lower heat and simmer till sauce reduces by about 1/3 or to desired consistency.

Note: The size of the tomatoes can directly affect the volume so add spices accordingly

Robert

Reactions: gmc2003
Here ya go guys:

1 T olive oil
½ cup chopped white onions
2 Jalapenos seeds and stems removed and chopped
2t minced garlic
4 Roma tomatoes diced
½ t salt
1 t black pepper
1/2 t ground cumin
1 t paprika
1 t guajillo pepper
½ t chipotle pepper
½ t oregano (recommend Mexican)
1 cup vegetable or chicken broth

Instructions

Add the olive oil, onions, jalapenos, and garlic to a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat and saute for about 5 minutes until softened.

Add tomatoes, broth, and seasonings. Bring to a boil

Lower heat and simmer till sauce reduces by about 1/3 or to desired consistency.

Note: The size of the tomatoes can directly affect the volume so add spices accordingly

Robert
Thanks Robert, it's bookmarked so I don't loose it.

Chris

Looks fantastic Robert, and just in time! I've got a house guest that's been hinting around to Jan about some south-of-the-border cuisine to break things up, this will really fill the bill. I'll have to make a few minor adjustments, I've never bought skirt steak but have a nice supply of tritip on hand, jaccard and pound out. This will be a nice change from my same old enchiladas too!
Thanks so much for the kind words my friend. Using a tri tip would be fantastic for this if you can get it thin enough to roll up. Worst case, just slice the roast open to create a pocket and stuff all the goodies inside. That could work really well for you. Maybe even rub some seasoning on the inside of the pocket you create for some additional flavor as well as season the outside.

Robert

Wow! Incredible as always Robert! That looks like a really fun one to put together and even more fun to chow down on! Great work!
Thanks so much Jed. It was a fun meal, both to put together and to eat. Was just different and that's something I always enjoy. Doesn't even come close to some of the amazing food you've put out recently though. Wow!!

Robert

Reactions: bauchjw
I thought it might have been RiceaRoni
I was force-fed so much of that stuff as a kid I cringe at the thought of it. May be hypocritical to buy and eat similar products from a different company, but I just can't fathom Rice A Roni at this point.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
I was force-fed so much of that stuff as a kid I cringe at the thought of it. May be hypocritical to buy and eat similar products from a different company, but I just can't fathom Rice A Roni at this point.

Robert

I get that , I have the same memory of Brussel Sprouts....... I can eat some cooked cabbage , but love it raw.
Just not the sprouts :emoji_anguished:🤮🤮🤮

David

The steak roll ups look great Robert! I have a skirt steak in my freezer, so I need to get my ass in gear and try this because I still need to get that Ranchero sauce made. It’s no fun grilling in sub freezing weather though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky