Mesquite smoked salmon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

desertdenizen

Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
Peoria, AZ
I did four decent-sized salmon fillets tonight using mesquite lump charcoal and a couple of chunks of well-dried mesquite. The average temperature, according to my as-yet-to-be-tested-for-accuracy thermometer, was everywhere from 150 to 300, at times, but all in all it took only one hour to get the salmon to 170 degrees. It had a mild smoke flavor, not too strong, and the flesh was fully cooked, yet still moist and flaky. I'm still learning the ropes of smoking meats, and I plan to continue to do whatever I must do to help me perfect my craft. Oh, I would like to add I used Jeff's Naked Rib Rub to form the pellicle on the fish. The fish came out wonderfully flavored!

Last edited:
No pics, didn't happen.
icon_lol.gif
 Just hazing.

Last edited:
LOL! I keep forgetting to take the pics. I am hopeful I will remember Thanksgiving Day as I am smoking a 5.5 lb turkey breast and some drumsticks over hickory.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky