MES 40 with AMZNPS maze issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My opinion is no , or not enough . Dave is the one that came up with the hole layout in the door . It works well , and you can block one or more off if needed .
+1 Mounting holes are DEFINITELY not enough. Tried it myself. No dice. I did some math and ended up with 6 - 1/2" holes I think. I put my holes in the bottom.

May want to make sure the maze is clean too. Take a little wire brush and clean out all the holes and make sure they are all clear. I was having similiar issues with my maze for my MES I used to have and that is what it ended up being. I would think thick white smoke is from not enough air, not too much. Kinda like when I am using my Lang, I will keep the door propped open a couple minutes til the sticks are burning or else they smolder too much and get thick white smoke.

Reactions: iamdmphil
One More question....should I try some aluminum tape on the bottom of the mailbox so that airflow is only is only moving front to back or will that be stopping the air flow more?

Reactions: dr k
Funny you say that, I used aluminum tape on mine for the side holes but honestly probably not critical but I had it laying around so I used it.

Holes in the door and bottom of the mailbox. Top vent always fully open.
IMG_9090.jpeg
IMG_8597.jpeg

Reactions: iamdmphil
Update on the mailbox mod. Got it working with three holes drilled in the door and it is working well. It's the most consistent smoke I have ever had with my MES. It burns so evenly now. Thanks everyone for the help!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky