MES 40 for free in San Fernando Valley - needs repair

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

justinthomason

Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Hi all,

I am looking to get rid of a Masterbuilt MES 40 cabinet smoker that I've had for a few years. The digital control unit has crapped out on it for the second time, and I don't feel like dealing with it anymore.

I think a new control unit can be purchased from Masterbuilt. The last time this happened it was about $30, and a very simple procedure to replace it. The other option for folks handier with a soldering iron than I am would be to build your own controller unit.

Other than the digital controller not working, the smoker works great. I just decided to move to a charcoal smoker instead of trying to fix this one again.

Anyway, if you are interested, let me know with a private message. All I ask is you come pick it up. I live in Van Nuys near the Sherman Way exit to the 405 freeway.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky