MES 30" Rack Question/Issue, HELP!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

genghiskong

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 2, 2016
Glendale, CA
Hey guys!

It's been a while. As the subject states, rust on the MES 30. I don't have rust or mold in the smoker itself but rust on the racks. I've tried hand washing them prior to getting rust and it's kinda difficult to get food off. I even tried spraying some Pam on it prior to putting the meat on. I've also thrown them in the dish washer. So far, the racks are developing a little rust. I always make sure they are dry so I'm not sure what's going on. I don't know what to do at this point. I contacted Masterbuilt already and they recommend not to scrub it with a metal scouring pad which I didn't. They told me to just hand wash it but like I mentioned, food tends not to come off that easily. And, the smoke gets them black which I can understand. I've heard people say that they throw them in the dish washer and boom, it's clean. Please help!! Thank you!

Last edited:
Mine rusted too.   I just use Q- mats on the racks. 

Thank you c farmer for your reply. Thought I was the only one out there with this issue. I'll look into the Q Matz and Frogmats. Do you still need to scrub the racks after? Cause it looks like the mats let grease and stuff through still.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky