Meat Slicer (review)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Anyone knows Manconi meat slicers? I'm looking for a professional meat slicer for my grocery and a friend of mine suggested me this brand, I think it's Italian and specific for professional use. But my idea is that they're quite expensive so I'd like to know if they're worth the deal... any help?

I bought the CC 615 back in November, and I've frustrated with its ability to slice bacon. With the large gap between the feeder and the back plate, I'm left with a solid 1/2-3/4 inch on each piece of bacon that I'm slicing. Maybe I'm missing something here, has anyone else had good non-wasteful results with bacon on the 615?

I found this on amazon, if you haven't found a solution yet maybe this will do the trick..
When I called customer support to complain that the thinnest cut my new machine would make was about an 8th inch thick I was told that the thickness guide plate would not go flush with the blade yet I have read that people have made paper thin cuts with this machine. Rather then send it back I decided to see why mine would not cut items really thin. This review is for any one that has same problem as with mine.
The thickness guide plate is the part of the machine that adjusts back and forth to control how thick the item being sliced will be. The black knob in the back of the machine does this. My machine would not cut anything thinner then about 1/8 inch thick.
The small white plastic part described below must have been installed at the factory 180 degrees incorrectly. The modification only takes about 15 minutes after getting a 2 inch # 1 stubby screw driver to loosen or remove two screws. For safety reasons it may be a good idea to remove the blade before beginning.
1st picture--the blade not flush with guide plate adjusted as far forward as possible
2nd picture--the attachment of the bar connected to the underside of the machine to expose 2 screws and plastic oval part that must be turned 180 degrees to complete the modification.
3rd picture--the thickness adjustment bar removed from the undeside with one of two attachment screws and white oval plastic part that must be turned 180 degrees and then reinstalled in the large oval of the adjustment bar. That can be done with the point of a knife or similar object while bar is still installed but screws loose enough as in 2nd picture.
4th picture--the blade now flush with the thickness guide plate so that the thinnest of cuts can now be made.

So I have been thinking of a slicer for a while to deal with my dry cured meats. My wife spotted a Chef's Choice Model 6102 in TJ Maxx yesterday so I picked it up this morning for ~$75 (after tax). Note that there is currently no model 6102 listed at the Chef's Choice website, but there is a model 610 (https://chefschoice.com/product/premium-electric-food-slicer-model-610/). I downloaded the current model 610 instruction manual, and it is essentially identical to the 6102 manual I got. The only difference is that the current 610 seems to come with a slightly decorative platter (for serving?) vs. the plain, transparent functional tray with the 6102. In sum, the 6102 is probably just an older version (or special build) of the current 610.

Whatever the case, I just used it to slice up a chorizo and a lomo embuchado, and it worked well. The lomo was 3" in diameter, and it slowed the blade down a noticeable amount, but by just slowing the feed rate a bit, the slicer was able to handle it without a problem. The 615 seems to have a slightly bigger 120W motor (vs. the 100W on the 610/6102 models) so this might not even be noticeable on the 615. Whatever the case, the ability to produce slice after slice at a constant thinness is very much appreciated--it definitely helps with the presentation aspect vs. hand slicing.

If anybody wants more detailed info about the 6102, happy to provide it. But otherwise, it seems like a pretty good solution for my occasional slicing jobs.

Hey great, I have a 609 I got 5 years ago it has been great. I'm not a heavy duty user but it does a good job
every time I use it

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky