Meat Slicer Recommendations

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I looked at that model and it resembles many others. Even LEM has it's twin but at 150 watts (https://www.lemproducts.com/product/meat-slicer-belt-driven-7-half-inch-blade/meat-slicers). As an alternative, here is a model with a larger blade, comes with 2 blades, 2 year warranty, and is belt driven but is twice the price. https://www.lemproducts.com/product/mighty-bite-8-meat-slicer/meat-slicers.

I have a Chefs Choice and like many others on this forum, I have found it to be be very reliable and it does a nice job in the kitchen as long as you do not have expectations that it will perform as well as a 12 inch commercial slicer. WOOT often has the Chefs Choice slicer on sale at a ridiculously low price but they sell out in hours, if not minutes.

Reactions: zoroa
Just to add to your enjoyment, Kitchener has a slicer. Now, a lot of folks here have and enjoy the Kitchener grinder and I cannot remember any complaints. Here is their 9 inch, 200 watt belt driven slicer; maybe some folks can comment on it if they have one. You can check the Kitchener site for more details.

i bought a
HBS-195JS COMMERCIAL MANUAL ELECTRIC MEAT SLICER
i got a great deal on it , it works great, 8" is a bit small but does the trick.

Email signature

this is a tough call... highly variable reviews on the shopping sites. still searching

Yeah picking a slicer took a little bit of research for me as well.
To me it all comes down to 4 factors:

1. Does it do the job of slicing well
2. Is it easy to clean (seriously do not down play on this factor)
3. Does it fit the budget
4. Size/weight - can I move it and store it well enough or is it a beast

I know the Chef's Choice is good on 1,2, and 4 here and it's not a total wallet killer.
The Nesco slicer seems to hit on 1,3, and 4. I don't know about#2 because I don't own one but I'm sure some owners here can attest to how easy/difficult it is to clean.

I can't speak for the other options.

Ok pretty sure the Chef Choice is the winner The no name one seems sketchy. Kitchener has rough reviews. I have their grinder and like it but...Many way over budget

mostly. People I respect all chose and like the chefs choice.

when I can let go of my dollars I’ll let you know

Last edited:
Camp Chef makes a slicer? If you meant chef's choice, lots of videos on youtube for the 615A and 615, A couple on the 665. Might want to check them out to see how they perform.

Good choice. Check woot daily, ridiculously low pricing when they have it. Just the other day, they were selling open boxes for $79.99. Amazon has the slicer plus the smooth blade and 2 tube of lubricant for $209 and free shipping with prime; Pleasant Hill Grain has the slicer for $159.99 and the smooth blade for $29.99 and free shipping. No lube. Good Luck and enjoy!

COOL! thanks for the links! Ill watch Woot a while. and shop around.

I gave the wife the 615A Chefs Choice and non serrated blade to get me for Christmas... with the caveat that I can have it by thanksgiving to slice the smoked turkey breasts I am making. I see no need to wait till 12.25.

thanks again for all the help and support!

Reactions: tallbm
I think you will be happy with your choice. A lot of folks here use the CC slicer .

Last edited:
I have used high end commercial slicer belts and I have tried other TB2 belts in the same price range as this one. I feel this one so far has been a little better compared to others of equal price. On the other side, it looks and feels like the same as far as construction and sturdiness. I have only used it once so far but it seems to handle 5 minutes of continuous slicing (slicing a 5 pound piece of lunch meat cut in half) without overheating, which I experienced with another slicer belt under the same circumstance.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky