meat mixers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If you have 20 pigs, I would invest in a heavy duty grinder and the mixer attachment that Ray showed. For a 100lbs in 25lb batches I would use cotton gloves under the nitrite gloves and suck it up do by hand.. it really isn’t that bad hand mixing when your fingers don’t get cold

My LEM 25lb hand mixer literally sits and collects dust.. been used once and that was enough trying to get it cleaned was a pain in the ass..

Reactions: tallbm
I have a 25lbs mixer, I add water or it won't mix properly, I am wasn't aware of a limit of water but that's the best way I have found to make it work properly, may use it this deer season as meat is crazy now. uncased hamburger size patty's are great when you don't want to stuff imo.

I have a Weston 20-lb mixer I used one time and do not like it. Been sitting back in the box ever since. Anyone interested in it please send me a message. Taking up room in my garage....Bill

i have just started looking on "waltons " website and i see that they have meat mixers that attach to their grinders ,i watched a video and it looked it did a decent job mixing ,and since i have started thinking about upgrading my current grinder anyway, am i wrong thinking this might be a match made in heaven ?

LEM, Cabelas, MEAT, as well as others, make mixers that attach to their grinders. It's not exclusive to Walton's, and I'd venture a guess that Walton's are having these made by another company.

Reactions: indaswamp
there was a brief mention about a kitchen aide with a dough hook
can any one give more info if this works?

Mike

the reason I am digging hard on the mixer is Wife said the herd has to be down sized before winter....we are talking 20 pigs... that is a lot of hand mixing

I have a hobart n50 (5qt) and Hobart A20 (20qt) I use a pastry cutter with both machines found that works best for me

Buy one of these and mix in a food grade 5gal bucket, or food lug.

For those of you that can't see it because of an adblocker, search this on Amazon.
"Edward Tools Stainless Steel Food Grade Mixer Drill Attachment - Safe for Bulk Brewing, Batter, Coffee, Wine, Beer, Mashed Potatoes - Food Safe for Mixing in 1 to 5 gallons."

thank you for the info Paul
the A200 table top mixer would be a great addition
with a pastry knife
there are other attachments that will work with the power head
ill have to keep an eye out for one

Mike
Yes it is a #12 hub, It was recommended to me by a Hobart mechanic buy the A200 (old style) which I did refurbished with 4 attachments about 4 years ago for $2000 it's also great for double batches of bread

HTH. Paul

Reactions: YooperSmoker
looking at one on line [auction]
only problem is its near St Paul Mn.
not sure if the company will ship

Mike
Mike, I would stay local and see it in person run it in all 3 speeds. I would go to a reputable restaurant supply they guarantee them used .
I know it's around 200 lbs. I think refurbished is the way to go no worries. there are also step down attachments with a 12 qt bowl

HTH. Paul

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky