Meat Lovers Crust-less Pizza!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I think I also have the meat sweats. Who needs a crust when you’ve got all the toppings you could ever wish for?
Thanks Sven, I tend to eat pizza in a two step process. So when I saw the commercial. I told myself - that was designed just for me.
yes I thought if you reduced the sauce and then put all your meat in a pot and heat to reduce the juice, then layer the meat, sauce and cheese and put pepperoni on top may solve it. i a, going t try it it looks good!
Appreciate it Dan, and if you try it before I do post up the results. Heck post them up anyway.

Chris

Wow that looks good!

Throw in some onions, a little celery and some rice and that would be a wicked jambalaya...which is another name for leftover stew!
Thanks Eddie, transforming this into a jambalaya sounds wonderful.

Chris

Boy howdy Chris, all good stuff and low carb to boot, what's not to like! I'm going low carb tonight, firing up the wok on the patio for teriyaki stir-fry beef and spargees. I feel slender just thinking about it! RAY

Reactions: gmc2003
OMG, can't wait for wife to leave town for a few days just to do this, meat lovers pizza with zero crust. I'm all in. Meat Lovers Zero Crust. Yum

Boy howdy Chris, all good stuff and low carb to boot, what's not to like! I'm going low carb tonight, firing up the wok on the patio for teriyaki stir-fry beef and spargees. I feel slender just thinking about it! RAY
Thanks and nice Ray. I love a good stir-fry and yours sound really good.

OMG, can't wait for wife to leave town for a few days just to do this, meat lovers pizza with zero crust. I'm all in. Meat Lovers Zero Crust. Yum
Appreciate Nef, When the cats away the mice will play.

Chris

so what you are saying Chris is, it is a Win Win , lay down for pizza and stay laying down , sign me up
Ha Ha

David
Total win, win. Just make sure nobody's home when you do try to get up. Think turtle on his back syndrome. I know I've been laughed at a few times because of it.

Chris

Ok here we go, It tasted better than expected. Although I'll have to work on the excess liquid. It was a little runnier than I planned on. Either better draining of the sausage or more cheese. It did taste just like I thought it would. It's also a very heavy dish and very filling.

Fresh out of the oven:
View attachment 646712

...and into the bowl:
View attachment 646713

Appreciate your being patient with me and staying till the end. Like lasagna I can't wait to try it the next day.

Chris
Man that’s some good comfort food right there, sign me up

Looks fantastic Chris! I do the crustless thing from time to time. I love taking the sausage and pressing it out raw thin in the pan. Baking that to done, adding all the toppings cheese and sauce and in the oven to melt cheese and heat. Sausage serves as the actual crust.

Nice job! On my to do list
Thanks ishi, It just looked to good on the tele not to try it at least once.
Wow that looks incredible Chris! Meat lovers for sure and congrats on the ride !

Keith
Appreciate it Keith, The next one I make will be done a little differently. More towards the wife's taste.

Im on board with that anytime, anyplace! Looks great!
Thanks buckeye,
Looks fantastic Chris! I do the crustless thing from time to time. I love taking the sausage and pressing it out raw thin in the pan. Baking that to done, adding all the toppings cheese and sauce and in the oven to melt cheese and heat. Sausage serves as the actual crust.
Appreciate it Jeff, I did something similar to that a couple years ago. Mine was free formed with the sausage, but I wound up putting a crust on it after the sausage was cooked.

1666784406978.png

Chris

Reactions: jcam222
Wow Chris, that looks pretty darned good. From the outset I was wondering how it was gonna serve on a plate like a pizza and just didn't see that happening :emoji_wink: Not taking anything at all away from that beautiful meal, from my perspective it looks more like an Italian stew. You know how much we love Italian though so you also know I'd be all over a trough f that. It looks and sounds amazing!!

Robert

Wow Chris, that looks pretty darned good. From the outset I was wondering how it was gonna serve on a plate like a pizza and just didn't see that happening :emoji_wink: Not taking anything at all away from that beautiful meal, from my perspective it looks more like an Italian stew. You know how much we love Italian though so you also know I'd be all over a trough f that. It looks and sounds amazing!!

Robert
Appreciate it Robert. Agree, It had way too much liquid in it. Next time I make it I'm gonna strain the sausage better, and slowly add the sauce in until I get the consistency I'm looking for. It still tasted great. I had some the next day and like lasagna it was much more to my liking.

Chris

Thanks ronf ronf for the like

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky