Meat Demon ( Oct Throwdown winner ) With Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike johnson

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 9, 2012
Lacey, WA.
Hi all Im glad I can finally post and talk about this. I had been planning to make this for Halloween night dinner party for almost six months, and when this became a throwdown I knew I had to enter. I didn't get to take pics of every step in the process but I have a fair amount so here it goes.

First step was to make the Head. I did this with a plastic skull, some cream cheese and some Lebanon Balogna. I used some deer tines that I have for the horns.

I opened the cream cheese and spread it over the skull shaping it as I went to exaggerate some of the features like the eyes and chin.

I then applied the Lebanon bologna to the cream cheese. Cutting and shaping the bologna as I went to fill in the voids

The next step was the time consuming part. I ground up some pork and stuffed 2 long casings full of the sweet Italian sausage. I originally was going to link them but when they were on the platter after stuffing I liked the way they looked, so decided to keep them  long like real intestines.

Here it is in the bag to meld the flavor while the casings were soaking.

I then seasoned up the 2 lamb shanks and 2 petite pork roasts and got those into the smoker along with the sausage.  In the rush of doing all the meats in my new Bradley smoker I didn't add a pan to catch the grease and a fire resulted. I think the Italian sausage burst and sprayed the element causing a grease fire. I was really panicked and freaked out for a couple of minutes there. Im just glad I was watching the smoker when it started.)

Here are the petite roasts. I used these as organs below the ribcage.

Here are the lamb shanks. I used these as the upper arms and shoulders for the Demon.

Here you can see the rack of beef ribs I did for the rib cage. I cut the largest bone off both of the racks to use as the forearms. I did cook these a day in advance to ease the burden and help with time control.

To finish this beast off I used 2 marinated hollowed out tomatoes for the eyes with an olive inserted into the center. I also used the torch I use to light my AMNPS to blister the outside of a red bell pepper to use as the heart. and finished it all out by sticking lil smokies in all the gaps of the intestines. I had a blast making this and Im glad I made it early because although everyone likes the picture almost everyone said they didn't know if they eat it because of how creepy it looks. Below is the final presentation.

Reactions: manzwood
Man that is awesome.

Takes some creative thinking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky