MB Gravity Series Mods review

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thank you for the reply. When you seared the ribeyes, did you have the drip pans in under the grate? I will not only be using this as a smoker, honestly will probably be using the griddle 75% of the time. My gas grill finally died, rusted out as well as the smoker, so I was really hoping this would be a great 2 in one.

At that time, I did not have the drip pan set up. The drip pan changes things a lot.

I don't know if the manifold cover helps grease managment very much. I bought it for the drip pan brackets that mount on the cover. Then I use an aluminum half pan or similar on top of the brackets. I think the pan I use is 9 X 13 X 1" . Probably use a larger one on the 800. I'm careful not to reroute air flow around it, too far.

I put aluminum foil over the manifold cover, makes it easy to clean. And I don't have to take the manifold out near as often. On the 560 I've found a lot of ash inside the manifold that I vacuum out with my ShopVac. The 800 may not have that. But that's the only reason for taking the manifold out.

And the manifold will get covered with rust. I don't know of any way to prevent that.
Thanks for the info

I have the LSS hopper cover and it works and seals very well. I went with the klotesmodes water pan - manifold cover, it is 1 unit to do both and it overhangs the manifold more than the LSS version.

I also made my own hopper dropper out of spare piece of thin wood I had. I am sure the LSS one is made well.

I like the full shelves i got on my 560 everything else is stock bout 4 years old now
popcorn 2.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky