Masterbuilt340G vs Smoke Tronix

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Eric6711

Original poster
Aug 7, 2018
Maryville Tn
I have went back and fourth on this for a while. I can get a MES 340g at the local SamsClub for $330 or I could order the Smoke Tronix for 445.00 at Walmart.com or Home Depot. I like one with a stand because I’m 6ft6 lol. I’ve owned a Masterbuilt before it lasted me a long time. I like to use the AMPS tray to. I don’t know how it would work on the Smoke Tronix. Any thought or advice Eric

I just bought one last weekend as well. Going to use my AMNPS for long smokes.
I was planning on pulling off the back, flipping the heating element over, and either using hi-temp wire, or put a hi-temp sheath around existing wiring.

Don

I was planning on pulling off the back, flipping the heating element over, and either using hi-temp wire, or put a hi-temp sheath around existing wiring.

Don
I’m leaning toward the MES40 at least I know what I’ve got. I like the Smoke Tronix looks I’ve heard good and bad

My Local sam's (Cleveland Area) had them at an end of season price lower than the $330. An offer I couldn't refuse. I assume different areas of the country may or may not have that price.

Don
Did you get the Smoke Tronix?

Hey Eric,
Sorry to high jack your thread, but I saw you were from Maryville. I was just through there last week on my way from Tyson-McGhee to Townsend. Saw this on the side of 321 and had to stop. I was parched....

-HS

IMG_0269.JPG

We had a great time. The local folks were very hospitable, and the Smokies were nice though they hadn't turned to fall colors yet. Good luck with your new smoker.
Good to hear yes it hasn’t been cold enough to change the colors real good around here yet lol.

I got the Smoke Tronix - the stand with the wheels sure is nice. I also like the Fast Smoke feature to get it kicked off and/or when I add chips which I understand the MES does not have.

This is my first smoker, so I don't have much to compare it to, but I am really happy with it. I seriously run all the controls off the bluetooth app - I havent even used the buttons on the unit itself.

Here's two videos I made of it:

Let me know if you have any questions on the SmokeTronix - I actually got mine for super cheap at a summer end close-out.

I got the Smoke Tronix - the stand with the wheels sure is nice. I also like the Fast Smoke feature to get it kicked off and/or when I add chips which I understand the MES does not have.

This is my first smoker, so I don't have much to compare it to, but I am really happy with it. I seriously run all the controls off the bluetooth app - I havent even used the buttons on the unit itself.

Here's two videos I made of it:

Let me know if you have any questions on the SmokeTronix - I actually got mine for super cheap at a summer end close-out.

How cheap is super cheal? And where did you buy it from?

TSR
Thanks for the posts!
I'm looking at that dyna glo two door - How are you liking it?
Temp swings ok?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky