Masterbuilt cold smoker mod.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dogman60

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 8, 2016
Ok here is a mod that anyone can put on your masterbuilt smoker- it requires a second smoker (usually 25.00 on line or forsale forum) the smoker is a small portable that is a masterbuilt and easy to modify. All it takes is a holesaw 2"
And an marine antanae bracket stainless steel about 14 " look at pic.
Drill hole in smoker used as a burner- line up the small smoker to be used as the cold smoker and drill holes - a food grade fitting in the smaller smoker (see pics) this smoker has a vent in back all the grates you will need and still be hooked to a gas bottle and used for a somker on a fishing trip or camping.
All the parts used in other mods are crap
Get the stainless mount (marine)
Which is the most expensive about 25.00 bucks. It works awesome does not break the bank ! And you got another smoker.

Attachments

• 20230120_112309.jpg
    20230120_112309.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 20230120_112300.jpg
    20230120_112300.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 20230120_112220.jpg
    20230120_112220.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 99
Nice set up. I'd recommend a longer smoke tube between the smokers and more of an incline to help remove creosote before it reaches the meat.
Having a spare smoker would be great. But somehow I just don't see me strapping a MES and propane bottle etc to my back to hike in for a weekend of fishing. :emoji_wink::emoji_confounded::emoji_confounded:
Gary

Ha ha gary I have been a fly fishing guide and upland guide for 35 years - the only time a extra smoker goes with me is car camping or a motel . But its also nice when the power goes out - I have my own heat source using 1200 watt element
And a full adjuster not the original system on the piece of crap masterbuilt smoker.
I have smoked everything that crawls, flies, swims, runs, hops, both fresh and saktwater and 25 different species of deer - never had a problem with creosote.
Dk

Ok here is a mod that anyone can put on your masterbuilt smoker- it requires a second smoker (usually 25.00 on line or forsale forum) the smoker is a small portable that is a masterbuilt and easy to modify. All it takes is a holesaw 2"
And an marine antanae bracket stainless steel about 14 " look at pic.
Drill hole in smoker used as a burner- line up the small smoker to be used as the cold smoker and drill holes - a food grade fitting in the smaller smoker (see pics) this smoker has a vent in back all the grates you will need and still be hooked to a gas bottle and used for a somker on a fishing trip or camping.
All the parts used in other mods are crap
Get the stainless mount (marine)
Which is the most expensive about 25.00 bucks. It works awesome does not break the bank ! And you got another smoker.
I see alot of mods for a cold smoker attachment coming out the hole where the chip tray goes - i know MB has one that mounts in the hole - but does it generate any heat ?? The cold smoker i placed in the thread use the basic principal that heat rises and goes to the air vent without any help . It even comes with a temp gauge its off a bit but for cold smoking salmon , eggs, anything that requires smoke but no heat none !!!
If you need slight heat say 50- 70 degrees
Then you turn up the heating element on the main smoker without opening up either smoker and messing with chip delivery- i live in florida so temps are important.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky