Masterbuilt Bluetooth Digital Electric Smoker with Broiler. vent question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

megafreakintron

Original poster
Sep 23, 2020
the smoker i just purchased has dual adjustable vents on the top. but the way they are installed they do not close completely.. (they only go to 50% then stop both vents) is this normal for this model. ive tried looking it up and searching other forums but have found nothing.
81PzzvV6f%2BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The vents are designed with stops to prevent the user from "accidently"
closing the vents all the way down while smoking.
Usually, you want leave those top vents fully open to keep air flowing during a smoke to avoid creosote or acrid taste on the meat.
If you want to be able to close the top vents down further than 50%, there are probably some stop tabs that can be defeated. Though, doing so may void your warranty.

So do you like it as a smoker? I use a vertical gas most of the time but have been considering one to make sausage.

the smoker i just purchased has dual adjustable vents on the top. but the way they are installed they do not close completely.. (they only go to 50% then stop both vents) is this normal for this model. ive tried looking it up and searching other forums but have found nothing.
View attachment 464314

Hey this is the model that I'm looking at buying for $125 right now. Wondering how your experience has been with it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky