Masterbuilt 430g

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ImPicarded

Original poster
Nov 20, 2020
I recently got a masterbuilt 430g. Not a bad smoker but very different from what I'm used too. Does anyone else have this smoker and would be willing to give me tips. Also still an amateur so any tips on doing a basic pork butt and burnt ends would be great

Burnt ends are great! Pork burnt ends are even better in my opinion.
Basic pork butt benefits the most from a dry brine of salt (1/2 tsp kosher per pound) the night before, followed up with a sweet rub with no salt right before you put it in the smoker. Low and slow is the key, so I'd recommend a temp of 250. If you are doing something like 8-10 lbs, expect a long smoke for an internal temp of 200.
For the burnt ends, it's easy enough to take your butt and cut into 1" cubes, season and throw on the smoker for about 3-4 hours. Then mix up your sauce/spice/sugar mix, cover the burnt ends in it, and place in pans generally 1-2 layer deep. Put back in smoker ~2 hrs, stir every 30 mins, and when the internal temp is around 200, your done!
Easy stuff. It starts getting more complicated if you want to spritz, or wrap, change the temp profile (250 for 3 hours for the butt then 350 to finish it off), injections, etc...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky