Masterbuilt 1050 Vent Damper

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I don't have the LSS one, but I did get one from Klotesmods, and I really like it. It took about 15 minutes to install, and that included looking for two screws that I dropped in the process.

Standard disclaimers apply: I get nothing from posting this. Just a satisfied customer.

Last edited:
What difference did it make to the amount of smoke flavor in the meat and/or the cook grate temp and/or cook times and/or charcoal consumption?
I may need to add one to mine as I have a fan mounted within a few inches of the exhaust port (to keep the smoke out of my screen porch) and I/m concerned I'm causing too much draw through it.

Now this is nothing more than conjecture on my part, but I THINK that being able to shut down the size of the vent on the back of the pit forces the smoke to spend more time in the pit and therefore more time in contact with the meat that's cooking in there, which SHOULD inpart more of a smokey flavor. I do know that it gives me a level of control that I didn't have without it. How much difference that actually makes is beyond my ability to determine, as I installed it shortly after getting my 1050. I think i installed it after the second or maybe third cook.

Sorry that I couldn't be more informative. I do know that I like the way it works, even if it just ends up giving me something else to monkey with while cooking. :D

I feel you, the sheer amount of gizmo's I've bought over the years for my Kamado, pellet spitter and Weber rigs is close to amazing..not to mention the stuff I did to my offset before I sold it.

Reactions: dow
I feel you, the sheer amount of gizmo's I've bought over the years for my Kamado, pellet spitter and Weber rigs is close to amazing..not to mention the stuff I did to my offset before I sold it.

Yeah, but I spent money on it, so it MUST be better! :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky