Masterbuild vert meat smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

deadon

Original poster
May 27, 2020
Ther are white inserts on controler wires. Do they stay in or should I pull them out?

If you have a rear mounted controller you might want to mark the pin connectors to make it easier to see a matching side for easy connecting and unplug it and bring it inside in between smokes to get it out of the humidity. It may last longer. These controllers are failing faster than ever beford. Mount it to a piece of wood. If not , then you have a space to shoehorn the wires into the bottom of the controller.

If you have a rear mounted controller you might want to mark the pin connectors to make it easier to see a matching side for easy connecting and unplug it and bring it inside in between smokes to get it out of the humidity. It may last longer. These controllers are failing faster than ever beford. Mount it to a piece of wood. If not , then you have a space to shoehorn the wires into the bottom of the controller.
Sir, do you know what the little white inserts are for, do I leave them in or take them out?

Can you post a pic? Are they the pin connectors to connect the controller wires to the wires coming out of the smoker? I don't understand inserts.

My controller showing interior white pin connectors to the circuit board and the black ones to connect to the smoker pin connectors.
20191112_143243.jpg

20191112_143251.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky