Marinade time...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ajb2320

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
What are your opinions...
If marinade my jerky for 3days is there any benefit from doing it that long or is one day long enough or is a couple hrs long enough? Can cut jerky meat only hold so much marinade? What do you guys think?

I have found that marinating it around 24 hours works the best for my taste. a few hours isn't enough and more than that can be a little over bearing. It would also depend on how much salt or what ingredients where in it as well I would think as far as how strong it would be.

2 cups of soy sauce and 2cups of water is all the liquid the rest is just powder ingredients.. I think it is a pretty strong marinade for 5-7lbs of meat

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky