Mango Habenero glazed tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
This is actually from last weekend.

Got a twin pack of tenderloins.I glazed them with Melindas Mango Habenero Jelly and nothing else and did around a four hour rest in the fridge and got the MES ready with a tube of apple dust (last of it),set the Auber to 235.Only took a couple of hours until 140 and then a really quick sear on the Q.

The side is smoked Bush's original beans doctored with bacon,onion and of course a little ground chourico!And steamed asparagus.

The pork with just the glaze was outstanding,slightly spicy and sweet.
20230514_142303.jpg
20230514_170635.jpg
20230514_175035.jpg
20230514_173727.jpg
20230514_173750.jpg
20230514_173857.jpg
20230423_143318.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love to cook pork tenderloins and yours look great! I like to use different jellies on mine, too. Peach and red raspberry are 2 favorites and I've used orange marmalade, as well. I will mix in some ancho or chipotle chili powder to give them that extra little something..:emoji_wink:

Reactions: normanaj
I've used orange marmalade, as well. I will mix in some ancho or chipotle chili powder to give them that extra little something.
I have a full jar of Melindas orange marmalade that I was planning on using on my next tenderloin(s). I use a little habenero powder for that little extra kick.

That looks awesome. I've had Melindas Mango Habanero hot sauce, but I haven't seen the jelly. I need to look for that.
If you have a TJMaxx,Marshall's or HomeGoods near you you'll very often find Melindas products in the gourmet food section.Most of all their products that I have came from those stores.

If you have a TJMaxx,Marshall's or HomeGoods near you you'll very often find Melindas products in the gourmet food section.Most of all their products that I have came from those stores.
Thanks for the tip. We have all three of those here in the Boro. I hate going to those places because of the crowds, but my Dad loves shopping at those places. I'll put him on the search.

Our mangos aren't ripe yet but mango with heat is one of my favorite combinations. That looks really good. I'd pound it.

I like to do them in a twist. All the good stuff channels along the inside.
20210330_113917(2).jpg

Looks awesome! I’ll have to put the Melinda’s stuff on the list for the next time my wife and I go shopping. The way that slice tenderloin looks…good stuff

Some fine looking food right there. I love the flavor combination you put together. That must be fantastic. Very nice!!!

Robert

Pork tenders are a favorite around here Norm and you did an excellent job on those. Forth pic down. It does look like someone took a bite out one of those slices. Couldn't wait I guess and I don't blame them.

Point for sure
Chris

Pork tenders are a favorite around here Norm and you did an excellent job on those. Forth pic down. It does look like someone took a bite out one of those slices. Couldn't wait I guess and I don't blame them.

Point for sure
Chris
LOL! I cant resist a bite or two when I'm slicing either. Same thing with cooking bacon. First 3 or 4 slices disappear while the rest is cooking.

Jim

Very nice! Looks and sounds great!
I use to get mango habenero wings at bw3. Tasted great, but about 1 out of every 3 lit me up like a napalm strike!........dam, now my mouth is watering! lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky